Workshop: Web Performance Optimization
Date:Thu, 16 Jun
Sergey will review latest front-end performance trends and show how to use performance analysis and optimization tools to speed up web sites. Bring your web site too and follow along to analyze it.
As part of this workshop we will:
- Look at the ways to measure performance of the web pages and the difference between RUM (Real User Measurement) and Synthetic analysis. We’ll also discuss which metrics can be used and their pros & cons.
- Analyze your site using WebPageTest.org public front-end performance analysis tool and discuss common issues
- We will look at what affects performance of the pages and practice creating different versions of the page to see how it affects performance.
- Define a process for building fast web pages from product and design all the way to development using the concept of progressive enhancement
- Review commonly slow components (anti-patterns) of web pages (such as carousels, video players, ads) and look at the methods of improving them.
This is a hands on session, we are modeling it after Meet4SPEED sessions ran at Web Performance meetups around the world so don’t forget your laptop.
Architectures You've Always Wondered about
Case studies from the most relevant names in software
Developer Experience: Toolchain, Continuous Delivery, & More
Trends, tools and projects that we're using to maximally empower your developers.
DevOps & Site Reliability
Failures, edge cases and how we're embracing them.
High Velocity Dev Teams
Working Smarter as a team. Improving value delivery of engineers. Lean and Agile principles.
Immutable Infrastructures: Orchestration, Serverless, and More
What's next in infrastructure. How cloud function like lambda are making their way into production.
Innovations in Fintech
Technology, tools and techniques supporting modern financial services
Machine Learning 2.0
Machine Learning 2.0, Deep Learning & Deep Learning Datasets
Microservices: Patterns & Practices
Practical experiences and lessons with Microservices
Modern Clientside Apps
Reactive, cross platform, progressive - webapp tech today
Modern CS in the Real World
Applied, practical, & real-world dive into industry adoption of modern CS
Next Gen APIs
Tooling, techniques, & practices building APIs today
Maximizing your impact as an engineer, as a leader, and as a person
Security War Stories
How our industry is being attacked and what you can do about it.
Stream Processing in Practice
Rapidly moving data at scale.
Lessons from 8, prepping for 9, and peeking ahead at 10. Innovators in Java.